ISNZ Executive Board
ISNZ (formerly the Independent Schools Council) is the umbrella organisation for the 48 independent/private schools of New Zealand.
In 1991 The Association of the Heads of Independent Schools (AHIS) joined the Trustees or Governors of Independent Schools Council (ISA) to provide a more coherent structure to pursue the best interests of independent schooling in New Zealand. They were joined by a representative from the Bursars Association (ASBA) in 1994. All three organisations have been in existence in New Zealand for many decades under various names.
The Executive of ISNZ:
- is elected by Boards, Principals, and Bursars of ISNZ Member Schools
- provides a forum for discussion and joint action by ISNZ Member Schools
- is committed to choice for parents in the education of their children
- believes that independent schooling provides a proven alternative
- represents 48 independent schools educating over 80% of the 25,000 students in the private schools sector
- was first established in 1992 as the Independent Schools Council (ISC).