2017 Discovering Positive Education
DISCOVERING POSITIVE EDUCATION
Learning and living Positive Education
How can Positive Education transform your teaching, your school and your life? This four-day immersion focuses on personal transformation through teaching practical skills that the science of positive psychology has shown can have a significant and lasting impact on wellbeing.
Participants will gain a thorough insight into the science of Positive Psychology and experience first-hand ten key concepts taught in Positive Education classes at Geelong Grammar School. There will also be opportunities throughout the immersion to discuss and explore ideas to bring Pos Ed alive in your school context.
Participants will learn skills that:
- nurture and sustain positive relationships
- promote and prolong positive emotions
- foster mindfulness and build resilience
- enable and encourage the state of flow
- cultivate a growth mindset
- promote a deeper understanding of one’s meaning and purpose
- increase awareness of character strengths in self and others.
Educators interested in gaining a comprehensive and personal overview of Positive Education and its impact on student and staff wellbeing. Participants do not need to have done any prior Positive Education training before attending this course.
Accreditation: 4 professional development days.
COURSE DATE AND LOCATION
10 - 13 October: Auckland, New Zealand (Non-residential course)
360 Albany Highway
Albany, Auckland 0632