About the ISNZ Board
Please click here.
ISNZ (formerly the Independent Schools Council) is the umbrella organisation for 50 independent/private schools of New Zealand (as at December 2020).
After extensive consultation with Member Schools during 2018 and 2019 it was agreed there would be a change to the governance structure of the Independent Schools of New Zealand Charitable Trust (ISNZ). The restructure has resulted in ISNZ continuing as the single body representing the collective interests of Independent Schools in New Zealand, with a new constitution.
The following entities have been dissolved and removed from the Charities Register:
- The Independent Schools Association (ISA)
- The Association of the Heads of the Independent Schools (AHIS), and
- The Heads of Independent Schools Scholarship Trust (HISST).
- Is elected by ISNZ Member Schools, with one vote per school
- Provides a forum for discussion and joint action by ISNZ Member Schools
- Is committed to choice for parents in the education of their children
- Believes that independent schooling provides a proven alternative
- Represents 49 independent schools educating over 80% of students in the private schools sector
- Was first established in 1992 as the Independent Schools Council (ISC).