Deputy Chair: Co-opted Member
Board Vacancies - call for Expressions of Interest
There are currently three vacancies on the ISNZ Board. ISNZ is calling for Expressions of Interest to fill these vacancies. Find out more and apply
ISNZ (formerly the Independent Schools Council) is the umbrella organisation for 46 independent/private schools of New Zealand.
After extensive consultation with Member Schools during 2018 and 2019 it was agreed there would be a change to the governance structure of the Independent Schools of New Zealand Charitable Trust (ISNZ). The restructure has resulted in ISNZ continuing as the single body representing the collective interests of Independent Schools in New Zealand, with a new constitution.
The following entities have been dissolved and removed from the Charities Register:
- the Independent Schools Association (ISA)
- the Association of the Heads of the Independent Schools (AHIS), and
- the Heads of Independent Schools Scholarship Trust (HISST).
- is elected by Boards, Principals, and Bursars of ISNZ Member Schools
- provides a forum for discussion and joint action by ISNZ Member Schools
- is committed to choice for parents in the education of their children
- believes that independent schooling provides a proven alternative
- represents 46 independent schools educating over 80% of students in the private schools sector
- was first established in 1992 as the Independent Schools Council (ISC).