2021 Honours Awards – nominations open
Nominations have opened for the 2021 Honours Awards (closing 25 June), which celebrate all member school staff who go above and beyond the call of duty:
About the ISNZ Honours Awards
The ISNZ Honours Awards give recognition to staff – academic, support and others – who stand out above and beyond what might reasonably be expected as part of their paid employment.
Following the cancellation of the 2020 ISNZ Annual Conference, the decision was taken to defer the next ISNZ Honours Awards until 2021. The 2021 ISNZ Annual Conference will be held at the Hilton Auckland on 20-21 August. We would like to recognise those who are successful recipients in front of the wider independent schools community where they can be presented with their award in person as part of the conference programme.
ISNZ Honours Awards 2021 are proudly supported by:
2020 Honours Awards
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Honours Awards were cancelled.
2019 Honours Awards Recipients
The 2019 awards were presented to the successful recipients at the ISNZ Annual Conference, held on Friday 30 August 2019 at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa in Wellington.
(l-r) 2019 Honours Awards recipients Wilj Dekkers, Julia McIntyre, David Evans, Susan Marriott, Deb Sharpe, Julie Hogg, Ann Walker, Janey Wackrow, Donald MacLean, Kerri Fitzgerald, Mike Kilgour, Lesley Bath, Lawrence Stephens and Sue van Dort; ISNZ Chair Heather McRae; Roger Franklin-Smith of Cambridge Assessment International Education; and Associate Minister of Education Hon Jenny Salesa
Read about the recipients and their awards
Previous Distinguished Service Award Recipients
- Exceptional Work and Contribution to Independent Schools of New Zealand (2016) – Lynda Reid – St Cuthbert's College
- Outstanding Service to Governance in Independent Education in New Zealand (2015) – Derek Firth – Dilworth School
- Outstanding Service to Independent Schools of New Zealand and its Member Schools (2015) – Deborah James – ISNZ
- Outstanding Leadership and Service to the Independent Schools Sector in New Zealand (2014) – Peter Clague – Kristin School
- Outstanding Leadership and Service to Education Governance (2013) – Peter Ferguson – ISNZ